Selling a property is a way to turn heritage into a source of extra income or to buy a bigger or better located home, but for this operation does not bring headaches it is necessary to implement certain measures that will help to accelerate the transaction.
Until recently it was enough with a poster to announce and realize the sale of a property, unfortunately today these advertisements proliferate so much that in many cases they go unnoticed, hence the importance of going a little further and planning the operation well.
Queries and determines the value
It is a key issue at the time of selling: establishing the value of the house in the market. A direct way is for a real estate agency to determine its selling price. Other possibilities are: take as reference recent sales prices of similar properties in the same area, a valuation of the house by specialized companies, consult in real estate the cost of similar houses put up for sale in the area.
It is important to know that there are real estate professionals trained to ensure the best conditions of the sale, in addition to the knowledge of the processes that prevents unpleasant surprises and in some cases reduces the waiting time.
Documentation in order
Experts recommend checking that all papers are in order, as there are times when the real estate is not legally owned by who wants to dispose of them, such as when the owner dies and the succession of the property has not been made.
Another factor is when the deeds of the property have errors that may prevent the sale or impede the accreditation of the property, such as failures in the description, location or name of the owner.
The documents that you must have are: property title or registered in the Public Registry of Property, water bills and property tax duly paid, light and telephone bills in addition to the additional services hired, official identification and a location sketch to facilitate the publication.
Includes additional costs
Selling a house at a certain price does not mean that you will enter that amount. For this reason you must be clear the expenses that will generate the sale. As for example the paperwork that these transactions imply, it is necessary to take into account the expenses in the Notary, lawyer, professional appraisers, real estate agents and accountant to calculate the fiscal charge derived from the sale of the property. In addition to the repairs that are required.
The necessary repairs
Once you decide to take the step, dozens of buyers will visit the house and check the status of it with similar ones. At similar prices, what will decide the buyers choose one or the other will be the state and the image.
If you have access to repairs at a reasonable price and with people of trust, evaluate the cost that the house prepared to sell can leave you, so that you are not at a disadvantage compared to others. There are many buyers who come the world over if they have to make repairs or works.
We must begin by understanding that the exterior appearance should impress the buyer enough to drive him into the house. Buyers are usually influenced by their emotions when choosing a home. With that in mind, think of the buyers as if they were guests of honor.
Tips for a quick sale
- Invest in advertising. Make an attractive advertisement on the sale of housing including useful data and important information (useful meters, distribution, year in which it was built) and publish it on mass media of the Internet.
- Repair cracked walls or holes, locks, lamps, and so on. These details are easy to solve and yet they can attract attention in a negative way. Replace fused bulbs, as well as dampers and contacts that do not work.
- The first impression is important, so the facade and patio must be perfectly clean. Create a cozy entrance. Invest time and, if necessary, money in conditioning the front door.
- In case of showing a house that is still inhabited, pay special attention to the cleaning and care of the house during the visit of the buyers. You must make sure that everything is in place, perfectly tidy and arranged in a comfortable way.
- A good decoration is key to impress the prospective buyers, more bearing in mind that the sale of used houses has a lot of demand.
- Give the house a ventilated appearance, eliminates clutter and reduces furniture to a minimum. Rearrange furniture so the environment is not loaded. It is important to create a spacious environment, with communication channels between the rooms.
- Take special care with the bathroom and kitchen. Clean tiles, remove signs of moisture or mold on joints, and put new towels. In the kitchen remove all utensils. Corrects leaks in the keys, as this may appear to be problems with the pipes.
- Some expert’s in house sales advise to house the house with good aromas to enhance the sense of well-being. Place fresh flowers or baskets with flavors throughout the house.
- Pets can break the sale process. Although you love animals, if you want to boost the sale of your house, make sure that the animals are not present during the visit of potential buyers.
- Make a photographic archive and a video, we know that no house is sold without at least one previous visit, but the photos are the main attraction. Post as many as possible. Select the images, that the first image is not the one of a bath. Try to include photos that give an overview of the property, do not stay in the details. Do not forget to include images of the facade.
- Make a description with the maximum possible detail, the objective is that the potential buyer can get an idea of the property through the text and the images that you include.
- Insert all the extras that the house has, in this case it is better to sin of excess than to stay short. The more information, the easier it will be to make the property attractive in the eyes of buyers.
- Attend to all people who contact you, do not delay in the response of e-mails or calls, you never know if that contact is the person willing to buy it.
- Finally you must take into account the demand and supply of the local market, as this will determine the time it takes to sell the property and the basis of the negotiation. Be patient, the process is not a matter of a day or two. Looking for updated photos and description, sometimes a small change can make an ad more attractive.